Describe a real moment in your life that felt like the beginning of a powerful story. Tell what happened, and why it felt like a turning point in your life?

 A real moment in my life that felt like the beginning of a powerful story was the first time I realized I had to start advocating for myself instead of waiting for things to get easier. I remember feeling overwhelmed by school, expectations, and pressure, but also noticing that no one else could fully understand what I needed unless I spoke up. That moment mattered because it shifted how I saw myself, from someone just reacting to life into someone who could make choices and push for change. It didn’t fix everything instantly, but it gave me a sense of control I didn’t have before. That realization felt like a turning point because it marked the start of me taking my own voice seriously.

Today in class we wrote half of a rhetorical analysis essay body paragraph and learned about the components it takes to write a proper one. 

Doing this has shown me how to properly write a rhetorical analysis, which is something that I have never really done before in previous ELA classes, so it gives me an opportunity to learn a different writing style that I can use in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about an adventure you would like to go on.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

People sometimes feel the need to step away from their normal routines or environments in order to better understand themselves. Describe a time when you needed distance from a situation, place, or group of people in order to think more clearly or gain perspective. What did that experience teach you about yourself?