You are currently working on a soundtrack for selected Emily Dickinson poems. With that in mind, if asked to choose a song to describe your life right now, which song would you select and why?

 If I had to choose a song to describe my life right now, it would be "I Have Forgiven Jesus" by Morissey. I feel like I relate to a lot of sentiments in the song. Sometimes it feels like I have so many emotions but I don't really have an outlet for it, and it's especially hard living in a really Christian family where every time I do talk about my emotions they just tell me to "pray about it."

(I was absent), But I believe we finished working on analyzing quotes from Emily Dickinsons poetry.

Doing this has helped me better understand the components in a poem, and the types of language used, so that when I have to analyze it, even if I don't get the full meaning at first, I can get bits and pieces and build off of that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about an adventure you would like to go on.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

People sometimes feel the need to step away from their normal routines or environments in order to better understand themselves. Describe a time when you needed distance from a situation, place, or group of people in order to think more clearly or gain perspective. What did that experience teach you about yourself?