In “The Interlopers” by Saki, Ulrich and Georg view each other as interlopers, outsiders intruding on their land and their lives. Think about a time when you felt like an interloper or when someone else felt out of place in your world. How did that situation affect relationships, emotions, or outcomes?

 A time that I have felt out of place in the world has been every time that I've had to change schools before. I've moved around a lot and changed schools a lot before highschool, and so it seemed like as soon as I made good friends I had to start over again. It affected my emotions in that it made me feel kind of isolated, because I'm not a very social person in the first place, so it's hard for me to make a lot of friends.

Today in class we worked on a common lit assignment.

This assignment helped me work on my ability to look deeper into a story to find out what the author is really trying to get across, and not just have a surface level understanding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about an adventure you would like to go on.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

People sometimes feel the need to step away from their normal routines or environments in order to better understand themselves. Describe a time when you needed distance from a situation, place, or group of people in order to think more clearly or gain perspective. What did that experience teach you about yourself?