Write about a meaningful object or place in your life that carries a story.

 One meaningful place in my life is my aunts house in Florida. Although I was born in Georgia, I spent most of my life in Florida, and my aunt practically raised me from Preschool until 6th grade. My favorite part of the house was my room, where I had a big bookshelf where I had all the books I had collected over the years, and it was there where I really started loving to read.

Today, in class we read a Native American myth about the creation of the Navajo.

From this lesson, I learned more about how to pick out specific factors that show the difference between a religious story and a myth, and additionall, I learned how to dig deeper into a story to pick out allusions in a story and connect them to other things I know. I can apply the techniques we used in class to other texts I read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about an adventure you would like to go on.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

People sometimes feel the need to step away from their normal routines or environments in order to better understand themselves. Describe a time when you needed distance from a situation, place, or group of people in order to think more clearly or gain perspective. What did that experience teach you about yourself?